Call for registrations!
BeChangeMaker Africa is an online training programme that inspires action on global challenges through social entrepreneurship and the power of skills.
BeChangeMaker provides access to high quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors. It is also part of the implementation of the African Union’s One Million by 2021 Initiative.
HP LIFE, a programme of the HP Foundation, provides 32 FREE online learning courses for entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business owners worldwide.
To be eligible to enter, the participants must:
- be from 18 to 35 years old,
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation,
- join alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum),
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges
Applications can only be accepted if the following criteria are met:
- Form a team of two to five people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old and choose a team leader.
- Each team member is required to create an account on HP LIFE by following this link: http://www.lifeglobal.org/?s=/go/ws for accessing free courses offered by HP LIFE. The chosen team leader must confirm that all team members have created an account and provide the email addresses used for the accounts in the online application form.
- Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a one-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application form.
- Go to https://www.worldskillsafrica.org to fill out and submit your application before 5 June – the application should be submitted by the team leader.
- The final selection of the top 30 teams to join BeChangeMaker Africa will be announced on 15 June.
Form a team of 2 to 5 people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old, and choose a team leader.
Share your challenge
Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application.
Submit your application
Click on Apply below for the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team before 5 June. Please make sure that each of the team member has read and agreed to the Official Rules and created an account on HP LIFE to access the free courses before submitting the application.
Team will be selected
30 teams wil be selected to officially join the programme. The announcement will be made on 15 June.
The programme will kick off on 22 June with an orientation for the exciting three months of intensive and engaging training.
Deadline: June 5, 2020