The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet millions of people still don’t have access. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
D-Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- D-Prize will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
- Top entrepreneurs invited to participate in Round 2 will be asked to draft and submit a full plan of their venture, roughly 10 pages in length plus any desired appendices. The plan will include more details on operations, a budget, milestones, and other items. Participants will receive a Round 2 Proposal Packet with full instructions.
- Those invited to the Second Round will have about four weeks to submit a plan.
- Entrepreneurs invited to the Final Round will interview with judges over email and on the phone. Depending on the promise and cost-effectiveness of a proposal, judges may award up to $20,000 in funding.
- The average D-Prize award size is $12,000.
Piloting Winning Ventures
- Besides direct funding, D-Prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the pilot proves successful.
- D-Prize will also provide you access to the D-Prize network of past winners, and will do our best to support you in other ways.
● Prepare your concept note and resume(s), and clearly name your files. Concept notes and resumes can be separate documents. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
● Input your contact details and upload your documents to www.d-prize.org/submit
- The Global Competition launched on April 20th, 2020.
- Early Submission Deadline: June 1st, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 22nd, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline: July 13, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
For more information: