Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Main Purpose of role: We are beginning several exciting new projects to engage young people in participation and co-production activities. The role of Youth Engagement Worker will be to engage with local young people to ensure that they have the opportunities and support to shape and influence all aspects of development It will also work alongside local young people to improve their life chances through supporting them to overcome any barriers they face, and encourage re-engagement with positive destinations e.g. learning, employability, voluntary work.
· Plan, project manage and deliver exciting new co-production projects and establish positive links with young people and promote active participation in activities
· Provide opportunities for young people to have a voice and support them in getting involved in SYC and the wider statutory services to influence commissioning and improve services
· Create, develop and lead on the work of the Studenthubng Youth team.
· Support and develop young people to become champions and ambassadors for Studenthubng
· Work collaboratively with a range of organisations including but not exclusively schools, social workers, youth offending service, youth service, creative youth development
· Develop training and development resources for young people
· Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales to ensure that contract requirements are met
· Train and support a range of stakeholders to develop sustainable and meaningful engagement activities for children and young people
· Monitor the project and every month provide an update including case studies for the CEO and Trustees
· Work alongside the CEO and other staff advising them of relevant issues facing young people.
· Identify, develop and train volunteers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com