The Youth Center for Research is calling for applications from meritorious and motivated candidates for the Virtual Summer Research Program 2020.
The YCR Summer Research Programme is a great opportunity to learn and grow on a personal level.
It is a 6-week program that aims to break the traditional disciplinary boundaries and delve into the emerging interdisciplinary research journey. We encourage our participants to develop critical research questions that aim to fundamentally transform societies for a better and inclusive future.
- Rural Development: The program will help explore the dynamics of rural development and the possible way forward for more equitable socio-economic progress and development.
- Education & Innovation: The program will help explore the dynamics of rural development and the possible way forward for more equitable socio-economic progress and development.
- Youth & Political Engagement: Today’s youth need real opportunities to participate in political processes and contribute to practical solutions that advance development. The theme will help explore ideas around the need and ways and the possibility for the youth to participate in politics.
- Corruption & Political Integrity: During the program, we will further try to explore if integrity and ethical leadership for development only entail devising and enforcing codes of conduct to contain corruption or is there something more than that.
- Gender Equality & Social Inclusion: In every country, certain groups confront barriers that prevent them from fully participating in their nation’s political, economic, and social life. These groups may be excluded not only through legal systems, land and labor markets, but also through attitudes, beliefs, or perceptions.
- Pandemic & Health Crisis: There will be a discussion on how pandemics are affecting our current healthcare setup and what could be the future strategies in order to limit health and other associated crises.
- College/ High School Students: applying for universities this year who are willing to experience the research-oriented environment of higher studies and looking forward to having a rigorous, inclusive, and holistic learning experience.
- University Students: who are currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s or Masters’s Degree programs.
- Students who want to expand their horizon of learning beyond borders and have a multicultural environment at home, and who are willing to share their own experiences with others, are highly encouraged to apply.
- Students with previous research experience; and/or who are passionate about research and learn about global social, economic, and political issues.
- Virtual study programs enrollees and Non-traditional students: Individuals who are looking forward to diversifying their study experience are encouraged to take part in this program. Not only it will help in polishing professional skills, but it will also help in personal development and growth.
Young Researchers will be selected based on their dedication to the program. The same will be evaluated through their applications. Since the program is formatted in a non-traditional manner, therefore, a strong sense of commitment, flexibility, patience, appreciation, and proactive participation is particularly important.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online here.
Deadline for applications is May 31, 2020.