Applications are now open for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 For Young Entrepreneurs Around The World.
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is a part of the Entrepreneurship Campus and was initiated to empower entrepreneurs all around the world to create innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to engage in a more peaceful and sustainable world.
There are two categories in the competition: Youth and Adult.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition empowers young entrepreneurs from around the world with the opportunity to work on their ideas and to exchange ideas, thoughts on entrepreneurship and challenges they face in a global community. It is particularly important to us to support especially young people in realizing their ideas and entrepreneurial goals.
Participants from 13 to 29 years with an idea or project, a concept, solution or initiative with a societal impact that champion and help implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are welcome to join.
You are invited to submit your innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governmental challenges of our time.
- You are between the ages of 15 and 35
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or you are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program
- You are able to submit your entry in English.
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category: Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
- Best Projects Category: Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a virtual Silver Badge and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a virtual Bronze Badge and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate Campus Prize Winner Badge.
- Grand Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, and People’s Choice will be made public at a virtual Announcement Ceremony on 10 December 2020. All information about the process will follow.
- In addition to the certificate, the winners of the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 also have the chance to receive input and feedback from our experts in a 90-minute webinar. This gives you the opportunity to clarify open questions, network, and promote your idea/project and maybe find supporters outside of the CEC community. The topics and corresponding dates will be announced in December.
How To Register
- Register online and create your account! You will receive a confirmation email. In order to activate your account, you must confirm by clicking on the link in the email. If you cannot find the email, please check your spam folder. In order to participate in the competition, you must submit an idea and/or project in the Youth (13-29 years) category.
- Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form. Then wait for a response from the competition administrators: Entries are reviewed by the competition administrators of Stiftung Entrepreneurship and Digital Experts United. Only those entries that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be invited to provide more details about their idea/project in a second entry form.
Please note: Rejected entries may be refined by the entrants and can be re-submitted up until the entries deadline.
- Entries (ideas and projects) that have passed the preliminary screening will be posted on the competition website and will participate in the competition.
Deadline: September 2020